There are tons of cool vehicles on the market today. From compact cars to SUVs, the options are varying and endless. The 2018 Toyota Highlander stands out above the crowd, not only because it is a large vehicle, but because of all of the interesting features it has. Below we are going to give you the details about these features, focusing on the USB ports, entertainment system, and Stop and Start Engine System.
First, let us tell you about the basics. The 2018 Highlander LE can be yours for the starting MSRP of $31,230. For that price you’ll get a high-tech vehicle with a cavernous interior. As for gas mileage, the basic model starts out at up to 20 mpg city and 24 mpg highway. For people with trailers, it will be pleasing to hear that the Highlander can tow up to 5,000 lbs. Now that we have your interest, keep reading to learn more about the 2018 Toyota Highlander.
With seating for up to eight, the 2018 Toyota Highlander is bound to carry a full-house from time to time. We know that everyone has a portable device or two these days. So, the Highlander came prepared. Not one, not two, but five USB ports ride in the Highlander. Three are located up front and two are located in the rear, for easy access for all passengers.
Available rear-seat Blu-ray Disc ™ entertainment system
Keep everyone entertained with the rear-seat entertainment system. Your driver won’t be distracted though, the system comes with two wireless headphones to keep the audio with those who are actually watching. The system is a nine-inch display screen with RCA jacks and a remote.
Stop and Start Engine System
There’s a myth that re-starting an engine uses more fuel than idling. Actually, it’s the other way around. Idling at stop lights, train crossings, or in the driveway waiting for friends is wasting your fuel. Unfortunately, up until recently all of those situations were unavoidable, but with the Stop and Start Engine System, your v6 gas-powered engine will shut off whenever you aren’t in motion. Over time, you’ll be seeing the difference by saving money on fuel.
- Front and rear air conditioning with air filter and second- and third-row vents
- Integrated backup camera58 with projected path
- 4.2-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display in meter cluster with odometer, current/average fuel economy, cruising range and ECO Driving Indicator
- Fabric-trimmed front- and second-row seats; 6-way adjustable driver's seat; 4-way adjustable front passenger seat; 60/40 split, sliding and reclining fold-flat second-row seats
- Fabric-trimmed 60/40 split, fold-flat third-row seat with sliding headrests and recline function
- Tilt/telescopic 3-spoke steering wheel with metallic accents and audio, Multi-Information Display, Bluetooth®46 hands-free phone, voice-command and cruise controls
- Optitron instrumentation with blue-illuminated speedometer and tachometer and 4.2-in. color LCD Multi-Information Display
- Remote keyless entry system with remote illuminated entry
- Power windows with driver and front passenger auto up/down and jam protection
- Rear liftgate window defogger
- Power door locks with shift-linked automatic lock/unlock feature
- Day/night rearview mirror
- Overhead console with maplights, sunglasses storage and conversation mirror
- Toyota Safety Sense™ P (TSS-P)30 — Pre-Collision System26 with Pedestrian Detection39 (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA),25 Automatic High Beams (AHB)40 and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)27
- Star Safety System™ — includes Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC),31 Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA)56 and Smart Stop Technology® (SST)23
- Driver and front passenger Advanced Airbag System42
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag, front passenger seat-cushion airbag and all-row Roll-sensing Side Curtain Airbags (RSCA)42
- Driver and front passenger Whiplash-Injury-Lessening (WIL)21 seats
- Driver and front passenger seatbelt warning sensor
- 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions; driver-side Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) and Automatic/Emergency Locking Retractor (ALR/ELR) on all passenger belts
- Adjustable front seatbelt shoulder anchors and driver and front passenger seatbelt pretensioners with force limiters
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren) includes lower anchors and tethers on outboard second-row seats and tether anchor on middle of second- and third-row seats